First level supervisor providing work direction and guidance to a production group assuring quality, safety, material management, and production goals are met.
Candidate chosen will be expected to:
- Develop daily production plans from a master build schedule.
- Coordinate production flow and scrap management with other line leaders.
- Review and uphold all quality standards of production line.
- Maintain cost control as a focus with attention to the material utilization, labor efficiencies, overtime control and inventory control.
- Communicate production needs clearly and effectively to respective managers for off shifts.
- Uphold on-time shipments and communicate problems as they surface so corrective actions can be taken.
- Learn and work daily with the 5S culture with an expectation of safety priority one.
Overtime will be required. Excellent attendance is a must.
Incumbent will be expected to:
- Keep the production line moving with focus on material, man, and machine.
- Monitor and react to quality, delivery, safety, and employee issues as they surface.
- Support company policy/procedure, explain/coach/motivate to meet goals and expectations of the line and the individuals.
- Provide training support for all new members in the line.
- Communicate withmanagement and employees regarding production and personnel successes and areas for further focus.
- Interact with all levels of personnel and maintain confidentiality in all situations.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance 401k Life insurance Short & long-term disability insurance Fitness/ health club reimbursement Paid holidays and vacation time
Must have at least a high school diploma and a strong working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of 5S Lean Manufacturing Principles. At least 2 years of active first line supervision with direct contact with employees preferred.Manufacturing experience a plus. Fork lift operations will be required, but willing to train.Laser operations will be required, but willing to train. Associates degree is Business Management preferred but not required.