Monday-Friday with overtime, including Saturdays may be worked regularly and are an expectation of employment.
Performs visual, mechanical and some electrical In-process and final inspection under general supervision. Assures compliance to company specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform In-Process inspections as required to adhere to specifications and procedures in the job packets, travelers, and workmanship requirements.
- Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
- Perform quality inspection from outside services and suppliers.
- Perform inspection of welds, MIG, TIG, Spot, Stud (Quality, adherence to print, technique).
- Conduct final inspection of finished products to confirm all operations have been completed to job and customer specification.
- Investigate any quality issues to determine the root cause and communicate the root cause back to Quality Manager and Manufacturing Process Engineer.
- Maintain various inspection fixtures, gages, and measuring devices so appropriate measurements are made.
- Interface, as required, with internal counterparts, in Engineering, Production, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Process Engineering and Supply Chain.
- Organize and stage material for inspection priority as part of the inspection team function.
- Maintain records of quality finding and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Performs First Article Inspections as required
- Keeps work area organized and appropriately maintains identification and compliance status of material waiting to be inspected or moved to other designated locations.
- Adhere to all departmental and company-wide safety and procedural policies.
- Notify supervisor of any quality or production problems.
- Performs any other tasks as may be assigned by the QA Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role. Highschool diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Full Time employees can enjoy a multitude of benefits including but not limited to:
- Vacation Time
- 401K plan with employer match of 50% up to 4% of employee contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Health Club Memberships
- Tuition Assistance- Pitco will pay 100% tuition for up to two courses per term for approved classes or degree programs. (Books, lab fees, etc. are not eligible for reimbursement.) A grade of “B-” or better is required for payment. Additional IRS guidelines are defined in the benefit policy.
- Safety Shoe and Safety Glasses Reimbursements
Pitco is committed to fostering a workplace known for safety, inclusivity and respect. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fire our growth and enrich our culture. We are dedicated to providing employment opportunities and support for military personnel and their families during and after their service.